My latest Rimmel London challenge was to choose an old photo of my mother and attempt to re-create her look, and capture her style. Here is the photo I chose to re-create:
Yup, this is my mommy circa 1971. Her bold makeup style is something I have never rocked on a day to day basis and it was quite a challenge to style an eye look that was so precise and so strong! I definitely struggled the most in trying to wear the look with the simple confidence and sweetness captured in her photo. Here is my end result:
First off, I understand that my hair falls flat in comparison with my mom’s rockin’ cut. I even tried to completely commit and asked my mom to cut it but, she refused! However, I think I did capture a resemblance overall and, although my mother says I look more like my father, I do see some of her beauty in myself as well.
To achieve this look, I used the following Rimmel London Products:
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in “Warm Honey”
- Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick #14
- Stay Glossy Lipgloss in “Non-Stop Glamour”
- Glam’Eyes Professional Liquid Eyeliner in “Black Glamour”
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in “Jet Black”
- Rimmel Scandal’Eyes Mascara in “Extreme Black
Thank you Mom, for being such an inspiring beauty- inside and out!