Howdy Lashionistas! One of the advantages of being a Texas gal is that I have, what I believe to be, one of the best grocery stores around. It’s called H.E.B and it is amazing. Not only was I able to feed my family of four on a budget of $80 per week comfortably while my hubby was out of work- it has the biggest and best beauty department. I should know- my tiny grocer in Massachusetts only carried 2 Wet n Wild Trios and the 3 forms of Cover Girl Clean Foundation (and if you follow my blog you know how feel about that foundation!).
This photo was taken at my H.E.B. near my home! Why? Well, I was supposed to receive these products as a part of the Beauty Product of the Month program that I was accepted into for 2012 (yay me!). However, my post office has been holding my package hostage since Christmas Eve for reasons unknown- possibly to make me squirm?
But, I know my skincare pretty darn well so, I am going to break these products down for you in the usual scientific method I apply to all my skincare. How? Take a look:
Ingredients Lashionistas! Never purchase a skincare item without turning over the label and checking out the ingredients. The ingredients in your skincare products are listed in order of prevalence. Here’s the breakdown for these products:
Deep Wrinkle Eye Cream contains:
1. isononyl isononanoate- a skin conditioning agent found naturally in cocoa.
2. glycerin- a skin identical ingredient which helps moisturize the upper layers of the skin.
3. steareth 2- a gentle surfactant and stabilizing ingredient.
4. ascorbic acid- a form of vitamin C and an antioxidant.
5. dimethicone- an emollient.
Maximum Strength Acne Spot Treatment Contains this active ingredient:
1. 10% Benzoyl Peroxide- the strongest concentration of benzoyl peroxide which is used to treat bacterial related acne.
Firming Lift Face Serum contains:
1. hydroxypropyl starch phosphate- a gentle thickening agent
2. tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine- a binding ingredient which prevents contamination.
3. glycerin- a skin identical ingredient which helps moisturize the upper layers of the skin.
4. dimethicone- an emollient.
5. a conditioning and film forming agent which gives off a moisture rich effect.
The verdict? Good, Good, Good for your skin and Lash Girl approved. I can not wait to get my products in the mail and will be giving you more in-depth reviews of each after a few weeks of use!
Here’s your chance to win a SET of Orchid face products! U.S. residents, 18 and up only!
The More you Tweet- The more chances to win!!
Contest begins today, January 3, 2011 and ends on January 20, 2011. Winner will be notified via Twitter Message and will have 24 hrs to reply or I will choose another winner. Good Luck Lashionistas and, have fun!!